- What information we collect
- How we use that information
- How we may share that information
- How we protect your information
- Your choices regarding your personal information
What Information We Collect
Information You Give Us
We receive and may store any information you enter on our websites or give to us in our stores. For example, we collect information from you when you place an order, create an account, call us with a question, create a Wish List, write a review, or use any of our services.
The information we collect from you includes things like:
- Your name
- Your mailing address
- Your e-mail address
- Your phone number
- Your credit card number and other payment information
- Demographic and lifestyle information, such as age, personal interests and product preferences
It may also include information you give us about other people, such as the name and address of a gift recipient, or the name and contact info of a person you share with through our services.
Information from Other Sources
We may also receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand and analyze our records and identify new customers.
Automated Information Collection
We collect information related to your interactions with our websites and apps to create a superior, personalized shopping experience, whether you are online or in our stores. This information includes your IP address, browsing behavior while on our site, browser and device characteristics, and referring URLs. This information is collected and stored using a variety of common technologies, including various types of cookies, web beacons, and tags. These technologies may also allow us to identify you as a particular user when you visit our websites, and to link your activities on our websites to your interactions with us in other locations.
To help us understand and enhance our interactions with you, we may permit web analytics and other providers to collect and process information on our websites using the technologies described above. We also may share personal information with those providers. We may have similar arrangements with interest-based advertisers. Interest-based advertising is covered in more detail below.
Some of our websites and mobile applications may collect certain information such as the type of mobile device you're using or your specific location to help you search for one of our stores. To allow any application to identify your location, you must enable this functionality through your mobile device's settings to allow the use of technologies such as Wi-Fi, GPS signals, cell tower position, or other technologies. Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc. has no control over your device's settings.
Our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect for things like:
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services or information
- Processing returns, exchanges and layaway requests
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Delivering or installing products
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Establishing and managing your accounts with us
- Communicating things like special events, sweepstakes, promotions and surveys
- Managing our rewards or promotion programs
- Identifying you on our websites and tailoring advertisements and offers to you (both on our websites and on other websites) based on your interactions with us in our stores and online
- Facilitating interactions with Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc. and others, such as enabling you to e-mail a link to a friend
- Operating, evaluating and improving our business
- Data Retention
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services, comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
How We Share the Information We Collect
Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc. does not sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties.
If you provide information to any of the businesses, stores, subsidiaries or websites owned or operated by Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc., this information may be combined or shared among current or future the Company entities, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders
- Delivering packages
- Scheduling and performing installations
- Servicing products
- Sending Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc. marketing communications
- Maintaining our rewards or promotion programs
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Processing credit card payments
- Providing chat functions
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information in response to a regulation, court order or subpoena. We may also share information when we believe it's necessary to comply with the law. We may also share information to respond to a government request or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc., our customers, or others; to prevent harm or loss; or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity.
We may also share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, dissolution or similar event.
We may share personal information in connection with financial products or services related to our business. We may also share personal information in connection with co-branded product or service offerings.
How We Protect the Information We Collect
We use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information under our control and appropriately limit access to it. Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc. cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
We use a variety of information security measures to protect your online transactions with us. The Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc. websites use encryption technology, such as Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), to protect your personal information during data transport. SSL protects information you submit via our websites such as ordering information, including your name, address and credit card number.
Your Choices Regarding the Information We Collect
You may choose to:
- Stop receiving marketing or promotional e-mails, direct mail, phone and mobile marketing communications
- Update and correct your personal information
- Cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services
- Request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
- Follow the directions in a marketing e-mail or direct mail or mobile communication that you receive from us
- Call with your request and current contact information
- Send a letter with your request and current contact information to:
Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc.
Attn: Customer Care/Privacy
Protecting Children's Privacy
We are committed to protecting children's privacy on the Internet and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Links to Other Websites
Social Media Widgets
U.S.-EU Safe Harbor Framework
the Company complies with the U.S.- E.U. Safe Harbor Framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use and retention of personal data from the European Union member countries. the Company has certified that it adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, and to view the Company's certification, please visit: http://export.gov/safeharbor.
- Address: Scranton Volunteer Fire Company Inc.
Attn: Customer Care/Privacy